Sunday, February 10, 2008

Intelligence is...stupid?

I watched this movie trailer and was left with a thought: if we weren't created by a higher Intelligence and we were just some cosmic accident, then the words we use, the ideas we have, the intelligence we own...at the bare roots of it all, were just accidental? So, we ourselves are not intelligent.

Our nervous system just interacts with our surroundings, and by some chance (if monkeys couldn't type out the Bible or Shakespeare at least somehow type out the definition of rationalization) we come to understand what this is and that is and we put names to things and we make calculations and we invent things and, yes, rationalize about our own existence? It's just by chance that every man of every age asks those same questions about life and stuff, huh?

I, for one, know that as immensely capable as we human beings can be, we are also capable of mistakes. So, logically, we're imperfect. Therefore I have little trust in the idea that we human beings can come about by chance and then say or think something like we're intelligent by our own design. (As a side note, we human beings can be very self-destructive- we figure out ways to kill ourselves yet we strive way too hard to control and maintain our lives...)

So with these thoughts, I think we who believe in God should not be ostracized and immediately labeled as fantastical or illogical (squirm)religious people who can't be open-minded.



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home