Monday, October 09, 2006

What do you do when you have the house all to yourself but no car at your disposal and you have no idea when anyone else is going to come home? What can you do when you're home alone that you can't do when you aren't? I already sang out loud; played guitar too. I can't go anywhere on this boring base; you need a car to venture off anything American. I'd call or talk to friends but my number of such is nil in person and I don't know if an unexpected call would be appreciated. Frankly, the computer does not always interest me whenever I have free time, which proves that I have no social dependency on a mere piece of machinery. I could take a walk but I don't want to go outside and be in public today- there's nowhere interesting to walk. I already watched a movie (X-Men III: The Last Stand) and was rather unsatisfied, not to mention disappointed in it- all visual excitement, nothing worth noting for the mind. I've also already talked to myself numerous times throughout the day, so that's been done as well.

Today's the day for blah posting, blah existence; nonetheless, it's still a blessing to have a stable, boring life for the time being.

2 Comments:

At 3:15 AM, Blogger tasik said...

Blah...

Oh well, there are a predestined number of such days in the year, I'm sure.

Out of your used-up options, the only one I can think of reusing would be the friends-calling option since friends rarely mind being called on a holiday.

I'm reading a Sigrid Undset novel, in fits and starts (Kristin Lavransdatter). I like it. Dark, simple and penetrating.

 
At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Going through The Brothers Karamazov; I never was a reader a few years before so I'm catching up on my to-read list. It takes a second (or third) turn round in reading for me to give my say on a Russian novel, but I'm not disliking it so far- I wish I could read novels in their author's native tongue though.

I considered that same option too. I didn't say it in the post, but right when I was considering it my mom and little brother walked through the front door. After that, Mom dominated the phone. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home