Re:
I have over 20 drafts for this blog. Some of them are pretty full posts that I just never got round to posting because I never finalised them. Perhaps they were meant to serve as mental steam relievers so that I could wash away excess worries without boring other people to death.
Anyway, aside from that, I don't usually respond to comments outside the comment window, but I wanted to do something different this evening. /shrug.
"You wouldn't have believed what I suffered in striving to get this photo."
I sense a story behind this...
I'd like to thank "Tasik" for being so kind as to either ignoring my error or subtly correcting it by not quoting my post word-for-word (and I've edited it, for the sake of my silly dignity). If you don't know what I'm talking about, please continue to not know and do not pursue to know why.
The story isn't all that great, but it is a silly tale at my expense. For over a year, I've passed that very traffic light on my way home from off-base excursions. In the first few times that I've come across the light combination of two green arrows with a red light, I was understandably confused. Since coming across it again several times afterwards, I began to actually like the peculiarity. It didn't really cause much harm, even to the overly confused motorist- at least, I haven't heard of anything bad that was caused by that traffic light. Well, I'm sure it didn't cause any or much physical harm but for me, it might've caused some mental disturbances. Months after my inital encounter with the strange traffic light, I vowed to get a picture of it.
It wasn't an easy drive-by shooting (heh). On some days I forgot my camera, or I didn't get it ready on time, or I did get it ready to shoot but I overlooked a preparatory step, or I did get it ready and set to shoot with all preparatory steps taken into consideration but because the light's frequency caused it to appear blinking in the (digital) camera display, I ended up with a photo of a seemingly "dead" light. I took those trips to daily Mass as an opportunity to photograph everyday sights, but most importantly, that strange traffic light. Mom could tell you how weird I got when it came to passing it. "Ah ha! I'm gonna get it this time!" or "Crap- oops, uh, we were driving too fast." She'd offered to drive slowly so I could capture during opportune moments and I even made mental notes of the exact times at which it lit the arrows and red. Eventually, I figured to do a long shot during a bright day so I could use a fast shutter speed. Duh- about time the clockwork got ticking. With a few shots, I finally got the picture I wanted with a story to tell.
I need a holiday.
1 Comments:
Remey the drive by shooter. Traffic lights beware!
Post a Comment
<< Home