It's just another typic Thursday
It always comes before Friday. Just an ordinary Thursday of the 26th week in Ordinary Time. But now and then I think about why I blog, what I blog for, to whom am I addressing these posts, etc. So, I write this for no particular reason but still for, though not limited to, the reasons following:
Therapy. Firstly, I write for myself. I come back to my own blog because I need to read what's going on in my own head without being preoccupied with those very occupations that are written in this blog. I find myself on the pc doing various tasks and I need to distract my already distracted self, so I might as well read something on the pc. I also never seem to have the right words to say in person and I never sound well-spoken; therefore, I'm never understood to be the person I am, just the person I faintly seem to be. Being one of the many self-proclaimed, expressively-challenged people in existence, I need an outlet.
Secondly, I write to update friends. It's usually easier for some of them to just read a post instead of me writing customised letters to each and everyone of them. Plus, the ones that do know me know how well I write personal letters (cue wry grin) and to write to no one but everyone is just easier for all of us.
Thirdly, I write to myself, to others, or to both myself and others. I sometimes intentionally write grammatical errors for a reason because I'm not gifted enough to express myself grammatically correct (I don't mean to say that I place myself amongst the great writers who also intentionally defy the laws of grammar).
Fourthly, I don't blog to solely entertain. Boring, exciting, funny, lame, profound, pathetic; what you read is what you get. If I gain readers, nice. If I keep them because they are compassionate, wonderful; I don't relate that often to others. If I lose readers, who the heck cares. No one looked forward to my starting a blog in the first place. I don't intend to become a world-famous blogger in the future since I cannot fathom how enthralling my story-telling could be to the millions. I prefer to stay low and be myself anyway.
I blog when I feel like it; sometimes in excess and sometimes during moments when I really need to. I blog because my critically creative eyes like the layouts on which the words are exposed. I blog because when the damn world doesn't have time to listen, then I might as well spill the thoughts out onto something which won't suffer my stress-induced handwriting-turned-chicken scratch (i.e. I save handwritten journaling for special cases).
Hm, this should've probably been a first post or something- oh well. And if this sounds like a long, winding post- oh well.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home