FYI:
The piece I'd mentioned previously is certainly an exercise I seem to find comfort in. I also found it enjoyable to make visual the specific phrases or words (especially from songs) that caught my attention at the moment. So, I thought to give a bit of insight on the piece by naming the songs (and band which performed them) and pointing out their respective lyrics since I know not everyone listens to the Finns or knows who they are. I intend to not rob the Finns of the credit due to them. By that I imply that each song was written by one or the other brother who were in both bands:
"Four seasons in one day"- (Four Seasons in One Day, Crowded House)
"Disobeying my own decisions/ I deserve all your suspicions/ First it's 'yes' and then it's 'no' I/ dilly-dally down to duo"- (Stuff and Nonsense, Split Enz)
"Somewhere deep inside, something's got a hold on you/ And it's pushing me aside/ See it stretch on forever"- (Better Be Home Soon, Crowded House)
"Tell me all the things you'd change/ I don't pretend to know.../ When you come 'round and spend my talk.../I (am) not afraid of the dark.../ When your seven worlds collide.../Dust from a distant sun.../ Still so young to travel so far.../ Wise enough to carry the scars..."- (Distant Sun, Crowded House) You can tell how attention deficit I am here, cutting off lines before they were complete, but then again I wrote the words as I heard them.
The rest were of my own thoughts that surfaced.
And I capped it off with one last bit,
"The bathroom mirror makes you look tall"- (Not the Girl You Think You Are, Crowded House)
You really (really, really) need to listen to the music and read the lyrics. I considered posting whole verses that appeal to me but I never got round to it; maybe later. The lyrics I wrote down don't do justice to the verses that I love. And if I had to answer one of those "Fav. Music/Bands" questions from those confounded surveys, I'd definitely include Crowded House, Split Enz, and all things Finn.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home