Saturday, September 30, 2006

Something different

As a child, I had a tendancy to stare at walls. I'd then realise it but remain in my state of motionlessness for several seconds, fascinated with this static position and almost perfect balance, as if it wasn't within my own power to keep my body up. I still do that though not as frequently and I feel the same way when I start drawing or writing for no apparent reason. I was sitting down listening to music and I wanted to grab a writing utensil and do something with it. I did so and the following is the product of complete random inspiration. Instead of blogging the usual blog, the thoughts fell onto the paper; thus spilt the blood of the consciousness. I do regret that I didn't use a gel pen- I love the feel of those.


I won't rise up with an air of confidence and call this "art." It would sound forced. I never meant this to be such. But I will say that this is a soothing exercise to escape despondency (or wallow in it for the satisfaction? I'm not sure; I haven't quite figured it out yet).

(I credit the genius of the Finn Brothers, Tim and Neil, as it was their songs that I was absorbed in.)

4 Comments:

At 3:32 AM, Blogger tasik said...

Told'ja gel pens were relaxing.

And hey, it works, as art. I had to look at it upside down and sideways for a few minutes.

"Tasik, why are you looking at the computer screen like that? Isn't your neck sore?"

"Check this out...In my opinion, the whitespace pattern balances out the writing pattern in a rather pleasing and proportionate fashion. Somewhat of a yin-and-yang effect. I mean, really. Can't you see?"

"Tasik, you are so full of bullshit."

 
At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel like I complement your bullshit statment by saying that I think in the same way as far as visually assessing this piece. I just feel self-conscious about the words I wrote down; they sound like I'm trying too hard to be artful and profound, but I realised it was child-like honesty, so that puts me at ease a bit.

I've always admired gel pens :P

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger tasik said...

And you *were* trying too hard to be artful and profound. I ought to mention that I do this on a regular basis, to the intense pain of certain friends. Some things simply cannot be expressed any other way. Yay for child-like honesty!

(I've always been afraid of the dark, btw.)

 
At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tend to try too hard a lot of times, but this time I really wasn't trying at all...um, which is scary because I think that means it's becoming second nature >_>

 

Post a Comment

<< Home