Sunday, May 28, 2006

Seijin no Hi

20 years, 16 hours, and approximately 5 minutes old. They asked how it felt to be 2 and 0, and I said, "Hmm." It wasn't quite a creative response, honestly, but I've this better idea to look forward to 21. So, although it's not really exciting being 20, I don't mind it at all. I'll probably warm up to it soon enough. I'm looking forward to progression though. Getting older presents more opportunities, more responsibilities, but I am eager to do more things in life as the years go by; moving out, living and studying in Hawai'i.

Quite grateful to those who had wished me well :) I do hate making a fuss about me, but it really does warm the soul when people outside of your family remember little details like this.

Tomorrow, we're planning on heading to Hiji Falls, in the northern part of Okinawa. Hopefully things go well so I can give a proper update tomorrow. With turning a new page in life, I hope to do memorable things like exploring the beauty of the island (need to build up that "new things I've done in the past year" list anyway). Besides, being stuck on an airbase is like never leaving the US. :P

/Ah, I really would've had loved to wear a kimono for my seijin no hi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home