HP L2105nr Special Edition 'LiveStrong' Notebook Review
So far, I've only had my new laptop/notebook for 5 days- 10 more days left of seeing if it'll break down on me or expose any defects before I can't return it. So far, this is what I think of it:
PROS:
Graphics are quite good, very smooth. It only seems to struggle in the slightest when I've got the DVD going and a scheduled scan going on in the background- maybe because my RAM is only 512 right now. It's upgradeable to 2gb anyway.
Oh, and the ATI Radeon xPress 200M graphics card was the best of the lot of HP's being on sale (the VAIO's were totally out of my price range).
Brightview is lovely thus far.
Widescreen is always nice.
Quite fast right now, but then again, only 12% of the hard drive is being used right now. Wait until I install graphics software...
THINGS I'M PICKY ABOUT BUT ABLE TO LIVE WITH:
Loudness of tapping keys. I prefer quieter keys, but oh well.
Inability to easily turn off monitor at will. I have to do choose certain options to train my notebook to turn just the monitor off and nothing else.
Only 512 RAM, but I can fix that.
CONS:
Dangit. Only now do I find (and read from other reviews) that my AMD processor heats up. I'm trying to preserve this by keeping it cool with a number of methods, including putting my cold hands around the area of the processor where heat is generated the most. :P
For all you HP flamers out there: Yes, so I bought myself a HP. I've heard some relatively negative things about HP but I've yet to hear a good answer as to why they're not so good. I'm determined to stake out the truth (even if it means for me to get a HP and see- risky, I know).
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home