Ennui
It's a little annoying to realise that some of the inspirations to write come from boredom. Thus, I write. And here you are reading this (those of you who do read this sort of stuff- again, when you're probably bored :P).
Life. Life, the Universe, and Everything. I've finally started Douglas Adams' series of books involving a guy named Arthur Dent, his weirdo alien-humanoid friends, pink towels, and a best-selling galaxy guide in the making. Just look at this: "The Guide says that there is no art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself to the ground and miss."
It's makes interesting read. Now that is an annoying statement. A lot of people have said that, so now why should I repeat it? To honour the fact that Adams wrote a book that is funny, and not really boring, and randomly organised? No. I say it because I have a problem with the space-time continuum. It owes me money.
One thing I don't like about the novels is the fact that it hints at (as many people have already gathered) anti-Christian/Catholicism.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home