You ask me what's new
I'll tell you what's new.
Nothing much. Uh oh...*fears this might turn into a rambling post about next to nothing* Oh well. I might as well update you folks on something.
Well, let's see. What's constantly on my mind? My future, my education (especially uni), my current activities, my health, and yes, my friends.
Future. So many things about my future constantly fill my mind. I have this feeling of wanting to join the military, but I want to recieve a good and solid Catholic foundation in my education before entirely facing the secular world and the crud it will throw in my way of living. Anyway, I figured that I should get that Catholic liberal arts degree first, then join the air force later, maybe coming in as a photographer. I don't know, we'll see.
Education. Well, after moving to two different countries in the course of one year, it's put a cramp in my progression with my homeschooling. Meaning, the distraction got me behind over a year now. Sadly, it's nagging at the brain and I can't really help it. Anyway, school, mhm. It's like I tell my friends: I feel like I'm in this hole (it's muddy), and I'm digging myself out with a spoon. I'll get to the end of this Road in the journey of life soon. Okay, not soon, but eventually. *attempts to be optimistic*
College. Boy, I've slacked off on the application part, but the problem is that I can't send any in if I lack the credits. Essays will be taken care of though. Anyway, my dilemma is in choosing which college I'll attend. There are two major ones in mind: Ave Maria University and Thomas Aquinas College. I really like both, but now and then I swing between the two as things in life come up to where it makes me want to really go to one or the other. They both seem like really good schools, and what makes it more inticing is knowing people there. However, I should leave it in God's hands and let Him guide me since I can't seem to find my way with a concrete decision. Tell you what. I'll send in applications to both and then wait to see where I'll be accepted. The problem with that is if they both accept, then the decision is definitely up to me. I keep considering the aspects of attending those colleges, but this feeling of uncertainty keeps shadowing me. Oh, which one: AMU or TAC? The University of Dallas is another school I'm putting into consideration, but it hasn't been as inticing as Ave or "That Anonymous College."
Current activities which keep me from falling completely into insanity. I've been mostly preocuppied with Civil Air Patrol. Being 18, and getting old, I'm trying to progress. Yes, I may be the oldest cadet there, but I've been in for a year and I can't give up. My goal is to make at least cadet captain, then cap off my career as a CAP cadet by participating in the International Air Cadet Exchange Programme to NZ. So far, I'm a C/SMSgt (for the military lingo-illiterate, that's cadet Senior Master Sergeant) by the pinned grade on my collar, but by paper, a C/CMSgt (Chief Master Sergeant; highest non-commissioned officer grade). I just finished giving a mandatory speech which gives me leave to take a test to promote to the first officer grade of C/2d Lieutenant. Why do I say I'm getting old? Because many C/Lt's are 16, and by 18, college will take up most of my time that I can use for CAP. Oh well, pushing on...
Trying to consider a job. I need one, in fact. Why? To start saving up some funding for college tuition and expenses. However, the problem with being behind in school needs to be eliminated first, and that's taking some time. Maybe too much time for me.
Other things I'm doing include Toastmasters and Tae kwon do. With both, I need a lot of personal development on. However, I'm too lazy to even ramble about that.
Health. Recently, it seems that I have been diagnosed with pneumonia. I say it "seems" because I'm not even sure what I actually have. It involved a fever, aching body, major coughing, and a sore throat from the coughs but no difficulty in breathing whatsoever. I thought pneumonia would be worse. I don't know. I even got the impression that the doctor didn't seem to know what I had either :P Ended up taking antibiotics and popping the pills 3x day, for 10 days. By now, the coughing's kept up, but the other symptoms have ceased. A good thing, though the cough is terrible and really annoying when I'm trying to talk or laugh. Try going "hahah-coughcoughgagcough." *roll*
Like many of my female counterparts, being concerned with the state of my figure is nagging at the back of my mind constantly. I've been thinking of really taking up jogging or running, but after seeing a marathon here and noticing how slim the good runners are, I figured that perhaps I'm just not made to run :P I'd love to be, but uh...I don't think I'm aerodynamic enough to effectively run a good pace, heh. I should just stick to tennis. I'm doing okay with it though I need a bit more practice to manage those rusty areas. Soccer I want to start up again though. More running, but hey, I enjoy the sport and that matters most. As soon as I'm over with this sickness, I need to kick myself in the behind (heh, imagine that) and get movin'.
Friends. They are those not related to me that I hold dear to my heart. Internal struggles are theraputically yacked away by our conversations, and that I haven't had ever, even in person. It's a refreshing feeling really. Every now and then I feel a longing to go visit them. The ones I hold dear, though, are the ones that I haven't met in person yet and that live miles away. Convenient, eh :P Why can't you guys be closer?! Hm, actually, the question is why can't I stop moving away from you peeps. At least we communicate, and that reminds me, I owe someone an email...Still, the live interaction lacks and leaves a sort of empty feeling longing to be filled.
Hm, so if you ask me what's new, I'd merely tell you, "Oh, nothing much," and that's it. However, since this is my blog and I'm so nice, I decided to give you a much more broader answer by at least summarising what's been going on.
*notices how long her answer is* Eh, maybe too broad. :P
-The Rambling Idiot.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home