*surpresses urge to nearly utter a slight expletive...but doesn't*
Here I am, calmly listening to tunes, and all of a sudden...
I hear whining. It's dark outside, and late. But, I hear whining, and a huffing sound. Is it some poor animal? No, it's not coming from outside. I'm sitting in the living room with the laptop, with my earphones on (annoying, but necessary, as it's late and sleeping persons would not want to know what I'm listening to :P). Taking the earphones off, I discover that the unusual sound is coming from the kitchen. It is dark there. With a raised eyebrow, I place the laptop aside and head over to the dark room, turn on the light, and listen again. This time, the noise is clearer, but it is not whining...
"*sound of a cock's crow* Wake up. It is now 5: 30 A.M...."
"What the..." Bravely, I ignore any strange thoughts from trying to freak me out. I make my way to the end of the room where Dad's desktop is sitting idle. It is off.
"Wake up..."
If it's not from the pc, where the heck is it coming from? And it is not 5:30...
"*sound of cock's crow again* Wake up..."
With a smirk and a scoff, I find that it's Dad's talking wrist pedometer, those things that keep track of how long you've walked. So..it talks. And crows. Wow.
It interrupted my musical indulgence.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home