So last Tuesday, I took my Mitchell Award Exam for CAP. For those of you who have no idea was Civil Air Patrol is: Read. What is the Mitchell Award Exam you might ask? It is an exam which CAP cadets take in order to promote from cadet noncommissioned officer to the first grade of officership, Cadet Second Lieutenant. In order to achieve this milestone award, one must pass a cadet phyical fitness test (CPFT), pass the mentioned exam, attend an encampment, and of course, attend meetings quite regularly in order to fulfill other duties. The exam consists of all I've learnt in six aerospace modules and the leadership manual which we recieve from the moment we become cadet airmen basics in CAP. Despite the lack of studying all my AE modules, I still managed to pass the mentioned exam with a nice 90, and on my first try too.
All I need now is my PT, which is next week (and a piece of cake), and an encampment. Encampments are a period of time where cadets go through certain courses of various activities, all which pertain to Civil Air Patrol and its three main aspects: Emergency Services, Aeropspace Education, and the Cadet Program. Unfortunately, it's a bit sketchy as to whether or not we will have another encampment any time soon. I want to pin my C/2d Lt pips before I turn 19. Something always happens where I end up falling behind, regardless if it's my fault or not.
I shouldn't say this, but I can't wait to pin those pips on my epaulets. It beats having a huge 8-striped chevron for Chief on your shrimpy collar :P Besides, I'm nearly 19 and still a Cadet NCO. By now, most would have given up on CAP even after being in for nearly two years. However, I have some plans for a goal that I want to make a reality.
(remaining grades - C/Major, C/Lt. Col, and C/Col. - are part of the last phase in the CAP Cadet Programs, which I don't intend to pursue considering my situation)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home