Thursday, March 03, 2005

Hm, interesting...

From Nick's Blog Here are the rules:
1. Grab the nearest book
2. Open the book to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog, along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it. Just grab what is closest!


Although I had my Latin grammar book as the closest thing to grab, I did not want to post something so dull such as "The possibility is real." Therefore I strolled over to the shelf, closed my eyes, and randomly selected a tome. Okay, so it was cheating, but hey...

Swift's Gulliver's Travels, page 123:

"I my self heard him give directions, that one of this pages should be whipt, whose turn it was to give notice about washing the floor after an execution, but maliciously had omitted it; by which neglect, a young lord, of great hopes, coming to an audience, was unfortunately poisoned, although the king, at that time, had no designs against his life. But this good prince was so gracious, as to forgive the page of his whipping, upon promise that he would do so no more, without special orders.

To return from this disgression; when I had crept within four yards of the throne, I raised my self gently upon my knees, and then striking my forehead seven times against the ground, I pronounced the following words, as they had been taught to me the night before, "Ickpling gloffthrobb squutserumm blhiop mlashnalt zwin tnodbalkguffh slhiophad gurdlubh asht."

Uh huh.

Hm, funny though, that on page 123 of this book, I found a typo. Right on the top, stating the title of the chapter: "A VOYAGG TO LUGGNAGG." It seems that they may've gotten a bit type-happy with those g's. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home