Earth, Wind, Fire, oh my.
For the past, couple of posts, you've noticed the mentionings of "elements" of nature. Seeing that I'm up at this hour, I thought that I'd finally get to that composition. This isn't a definitive essay of fully, researched information, but one -- inspired by a recent discussion -- of simply throwing a few thoughts together...at late hours. :P So, any contributions of thoughts in the form of comments are quite welcomed.
Firstly, I should mention that earth, wind, fire, and water are not elements by definition. Therefore, I shall refer to them as substances of nature, to be more correct and avoid any chem-freaks from getting on me for saying something like water is an element and for me to check out the periodic table.
So, what are the substances of nature and their properties with which we can relate to? From what I can harvest from both thought and discussion, Earth can be nourishing, nurturing, simple, warm; it can be violent with internal pressures causing volcanoes to steam and erupt with molten chunks, it can have rough sides and soft sides, and it usually harbours or supports other substances. Wind can be flitting, ever on the move, never static, changeable, and sometimes seemingly capricious; a breeze on a lovely, sunny day, or the torment of a tornado when temperatures of life can be extreme with highs and lows. Fire is usually hot, burning, but it doesn't always have to be a scorching terror if contained; it can be held onto the wick of a candle, throwing its soft light on all who surround it, it can provide warmth against the cold, and it of course, its glow provides the enlightenment for those who are blinded by the dark. Water is fluid, consistent, clear and precise; it, like fire, can be contained, but when it is not, it is free-flowing as it spreads everywhere. The description of these substances are not limited to the ones given here, but are accompanied by other examples, depending on how they are related to their respective persons.
Just as such substances affect one another to a certain degree, so do people in similar ways analogically. At this moment, for the sake of time, I will only consider Earth and its interaction with the other substances (and it is fitting for me since I seem to relate to this particular substance more than the others). I've mentioned that Earth supports the other substances. In the same way, Earthy people seem to support others, whether it be spiritually, emotionally, etc. because they seem understanding and because of their soft attitude, which does not appear threatening. Earth can also be eroded by wind and water and melted by fire. So also can E's (for the sake of my fingers, that'll pertain to Earthy people) be beat upon by the harsh sides of the other substances and be mentally or emotionally softened by them. Although the Wind does have the capability to erode the Earth, it can also be stopped or deflected by a strong wall of Earth. Earth harbours some of these substances such as containing water in lakes, though it is not always that water is contained easily. Raging rivers and waterfalls depict this. E's may be able to have some sort of influence on others, perhaps from their nurturing and easy nature, but their influence isn't always effective. Earth is also sympathetic to Fire. Often, it feeds the flames, but at the same time, it can surely dampen them out. However, Fire can burn the Earth viciously. There is even Fire within the Earth itself. For this, these two substances seem more connected than the others. Water can also be found in the Earth itself, but in the core burns the Fire within.
______
Mk, since I'm wanting others' thoughts on this I'll just post for now, and should any more tibits of my own come 'round later, I'll post them then.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home